Istambha Nepal is a non-profitable and non-governmental organization developed as a platform for empowerment of our communities mainly through education and intellect on livelihood, healthcare, sanitation, natural resources management, animal welfare among other for social welfare as a whole. We have been acknowledged by Nepal Government at District Administration Office, Kathmandu under the existing organization act (Registration No: 331) and Social Welfare Council Nepal (Affiliation No: 42545).
Story of Formation
Education does work as a weapon to lighten the darkness of ignorance. It is education that has inspired the ‘youth’ generation of our county to act against the pre-existing chaos blooming probably due to the ignorance of a young democracy like ours. Under the same light, with the start of an exciting new year 2015, our team of close friends from different contemporary sectors, had started meeting regularly with plans of having an organization for an effective social change. And, the moment our country was hit by the devastating earthquake of 25th April, 2015, it was imperative for us to act on it immediately. The experiences of fruitful yet scattered efforts in bringing immediate relief to about 400 households badly struck by the earthquake in several places namely Nawalpur VDC, Lagarche VDC and Bhotenamlang VDC Sindupalchowk District, encouraged us to join hands immediately. Then came the combined efforts on field camps for cleaning the debris and supply of logistic materials for Shree Saraswoti Primary School at Lagarche VDC, W.N. 2 Lapsi. The overwhelming responses from these efforts were the most important milestones on the formal creation of this committed united venture we call ‘Istambha Nepal’. Among the nine of we initial members; we share our knowledge and experiences of Social Services, Education, Information and Communication Technology, Tourism, Architecture etc. Our Mission is to facilitate local communities with necessary resources and means for sustainable development as a whole with major programs in the fields of education, health and & livelihood.
To facilitate better educational support to the schools of rural communities and enlightening qualitative education in different spectrum (mainly ICT , Library, infrastructure, etc and empowering community engagement in local educational affair, thus, making the schools autonomous.
Supporting the community to lauch ODF (Open Defecation Free) with WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) programs.
Poverty alleviation through the livelihood support programs on agriculture, livestock & natural resource management.
Empower, support and assist for the orphans, elderly and disabled people.
Provide quick relief materials for the victims of natural calamities and support for their rehabilitation.
Promoting alternative energy and recycling to make eco-friendly environment.
Preservation of local art and culture and assisting in the restoration of monuments.
Exploring new destination for Eco-tourism in the rural pl aces of Nepal and support the community in Home-stay programs.
Principle And Process
- Partnership and affiliation
- Community participation and empowerment
- Transparency and Accountability
- Carry out project on demand
- Local ownership and shared decision making
What we do
- Quality education development support: not just through infrastructure development but with support for effective management, teacher/staff motivation, proper monitoring of academic programs, and efficient parents-teachers involvement among others.
- Community empowerment: in terms of lifestyle enhancement through natural resource utilization and local participation.
- Livelihood upliftment of handicapped and disadvantaged people: through skill development and income generation.
- Environment conservation: by raising micro-level awareness and day to day practices to develop eco-friendly lifestyle.
- Improving health and sanitation: of communities by raising awareness, proper need assessment and services in coordination of apt technical support